...because I *KNOW* ya'll wanna know... what did Emily eat today?

...because I *KNOW* ya'll wanna know... what did Emily eat today?

Monday, June 21, 2010

This is America, eat like an American!



.
Due to popular demand (thanks, voices in my head!), I have finally broken down, and made a food blog. As the Spanish say, "The belly rules the mind." (Except that they say it in Spanish, obviously, and it probably sounds a hell of a lot cooler in their native language, but the point is still clear...)

After obsessively looking up recipes, thinking about food, copying food, inventing food, liking food, disliking food, and putting Sriricha Hot Sauce on absolutely everything.... only one thing is clear: I live for food.

It seems to me that some people eat to live, while others live to eat. It's obvious which party I belong to, and if you are the latter, please enjoy my adventure along with me!...

Tonight's dinner turned out really good. Mushroom-Ginger-Yam-Noodle Spicy Soup (with egg). Looks like prison gruel, almost, but tastes like a little bit of heaven on earth. Warm, spicy, and healthy enough that you can almost not feel bad for eating those damned simple-carb noodles. Yum!

Then, the image on the right is my Father's Day meal. Szewan (however the heck you spell it!!) shrimp & coconut-pineapple jasmine rice. I'm pretty sure that in most Asian countries the rice is a decadent dessert, but this is America, so we ate it as a side and then had cheesecake later.


"This is America, EAT LIKE AN AMERICAN!"





3 comments:

  1. So...I think you should post all your receipies with your pictures...they look scrumptous and I would love to learn how to be a good cook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of that food makes me want to hang out with you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura,
    I will try to post recipes in the future :) ..though I am not sure they would make sense. I'm one of those cooks that's like you put like a lot of ____ and then a little bit of this ____ and you cook it till it looks good! haha.

    There are lots of awesome sites for recipes out there though :)
    allrecipes.com, recipezaar.com, vegweb.com etc :)

    And Alberto, I see how you are!

    ReplyDelete